A WELL BALANCED PREGNANCY DIET CONSISTS OF:
Every day of the week you and your baby should have:
- One quart (4 glasses) or more of milk. Any kind will do: whole milk, low fat, skim, buttermilk, or cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc….
- Two eggs, (hard boiled, in french toast, or added to other foods).
- One or two servings of fish or seafood, liver, chicken, lean beef, lamb, pork, beans or any kind of cheese.
- One or two good servings of fresh green leafy vegetables: mustard, collard, turnip greens, spinach, lettuce, or cabbage.
- Two or three slices of whole wheat bread, cornmeal, cornbread, or tortillas.
- A piece of citrus fruit or glass of juice of lemon, lime, orange, tomato, or grapefruit.
- Three pats of butter.
- Other fruits and vegetables.
Also include in your diet:
- A serving of whole grain cereal such as oatmeal or granola.
- A yellow or orange-colored fruit or vegetable five times a week.
- Liver once a week. (if you like it)
- Whole baked potato three times a week.
- Plenty of fluids, water, juice etc.
- Salt food to taste for a safe increase in blood volume.
You may substitute proteins if you wish, being sure your proteins are complete, and that you get approximately 100 grams per day, If you substitute, also be sure all the elements necessary for a well balanced diet are available every day.
Go to www.babyfit.com to chart your daily food intake.